Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can enter this competition?
- Please click here for the full list of entry requirements
- Why should I take part in this competition?
- The Malaysia Top E-Commerce Merchant Awards is the first of its kind in Malaysia. Not only will you be pivotal in making history by being a pioneer of the definitive awards for the booming e-Commerce industry in Malaysia, but the prestige that comes with being a shortlisted nominee or winner can be considered a direct reflection of your store’s reliability and reputation, distinguishing you from your competitors as a paragon of excellence in the e-Commerce sphere.
- What kind of supporting documents do you typically accept?
- Any document that can prove your sales, such as sales reports from payment gateways, bank account statements, accounting software reports, etc. You are advised to send in as many verification documents as you can in order to facilitate your registration. Email us at email@example.com if you are unsure if a document can be used.
- How will you know that my documents are legitimate?
- We will verify the documents given with the respective platforms when necessary. Please only send us copies of original documents. If any company is found to have falsified information, they will be automatically disqualified from the competition, even if they have been shortlisted.
- What if I am not registered with SSM but achieved all the other requirements? Am I still eligible?
- Unfortunately not. In fact, you need to be SSM-registered in order to legally engage in e-Commerce.
- What if I have no SSM registration but have a trade license? Am I still eligible?
- A Trade License is granted by a Local Authority and only permits you to do your specific business in that particular area only. It is not a substitute for being an SSM-registered company in Malaysia.
- Do I have to be Malaysian to take part?
- Strictly speaking, no. The company’s directors may comprise foreigners but it must be a Malaysian company.
- What if I am a Malaysian owner but have an e-store that primarily serves an overseas market? Am I still eligible to take part?
- Yes you are, as long as it is registered in Malaysia with the SSM.
- What if my company is SSM-registered but my main business is not for the local market at all? Am I still eligible to take part?
- Yes you are, as long as your company is registered with the SSM.
- Am I still eligible if I sell products to both end-users AND businesses?
- You can sell to anyone as long as you ensure that you also sell to end-users.
- I possess my own independent online store. Am I still eligible to take part or do I need to be affiliated with an online marketplace?
- Yes! In fact, you are very much encouraged to apply even if you are not on any marketplace.
- Do I need to pay anything (registration fee, entry fee, etc.)?
- Participation is completely free.
- How will we be judged?
- Judging will be based on a final score, of which 50% comes from the Panel Judges’ scores and the other 50% from your performance in the online sales contest.
- Who are the Panel Judges and what might they be looking for?
- The list of judges may be found here. There are clues hidden in the judges’ quotes. Heed their advice well!
- What is the online sales contest?
- We will create a landing page of all our contestants and the page is linked to your own website or marketplace. Once someone makes a purchase from you, you need to submit your sales invoice and transaction record to us. The contest period is from 1st Aug 2018 to 19th Aug 2018.
- What do I get if I win?
- Please click here for an overview of the prizes.
- Who issues the certificate?
- The certificate is issued by the Selangor Information Technology and E-Commerce Council (SITEC), and is recognised by all of SITEC’s partners who are major e-Commerce players in Malaysia.
- When will it be held?
- The Awards Ceremony for the Malaysia Top E-Commerce Merchant Awards 2018 will be held on September 15, 2018.
- Where will it be held?
- Malaysia International Trade & Exhibition Centre (MITEC), Kompleks MITEC No. 8, Jalan Dutamas 2, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Will I know in advance if I have been shortlisted as a nominee?
- Yes, all shortlisted entries will be informed prior to the Awards Ceremony.
- Will the media be attending this ceremony?
- Yes, there will be full media coverage for this event.